Wednesday 16 September 2015

Summer '15


Dear Summer,

You've been the best Summer that I've ever had. Ever.

This was the summer after my GCSE's, and when I finished school on June 16th, a massive weight felt lifted from my shoulders. This season felt endless, and like it would go on forever. And 11 nearly 12 weeks later, I've changed. Massively.

This was a summer of relief. Of feeling free, calm and relaxed for the first time in years. Of letting go of my worries and doing the things I'd wanted to do for so long. Of anxiously awaiting GCSE results.


I read so many books, both bad and wonderful. A few of my favourites were Second Chance Summer by Morgan Matson, Only Ever Yours by Louise O'Neill, and Nimona by Noelle Stevenson. I caught up on OITNB (well, S2 at least), Once Upon a Time, and watched some truly incredible films.

Summer brought changes of plans - and instead of going to YALC like planned, I ended up in Wales, which is where the most changes happened. I learnt about how I utilize my time, expecting it to trickle slowly, even when it's fast flowing. How there is so much more that I want to do with my life than what I do now. Countless book clubs, meetings of friends and wanderings later, I'm here. And I'm different. Summer brought a version of me that was carefree, and loosened their control on their surroundings.




Summer brought a version of me that is hopefully here to stay.

Writing this, A Levels are 3 days around the corner. They are going to hit me like a train, you can guarantee that. And as much as I'm dreading that aspect, I'm ready. I'm ready for the next step.

Thank you, Summer.

Holly x

7 comments:

  1. This is such a gorgeous post, Holly. I'm so so happy that you felt so much more relaxed this summer: you definitely deserve it, and oh my goodness, your photography is amazing - that last picture! Hope this year is equally as amazing xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ORLI!!! Thank you so much - your comments are always so lovely. I really hope your summer was fantastic too xx

      Delete
  2. *cries because I don't want to believe summer is over*
    It sounds like you had an amazing summer Holly, and that you had a great time traveling and relaxing. Thanks for sharing these wonderful pictures with us as well! And good luck with your A Level exams - you're going to do amazing! ♥ Thanks for sharing, and, as always, fabulous post!

    ~ Zoe @ Stories on Stage

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU ZOE!! The photos came out a lot better than I expected :) xx

      Delete
  3. Ohhh this is wonderful. YAY FOR EXCELLENT SUMMERS! And I'm kind of sad it's nearly over for you, buuuut kind of happy because I get summer then. *dances* XD I can't wait for long not-dark evenings and beach weather and barbecues. :') AHEM. But I hope your results come in soon and are really good. :D
    Thanks for stopping by @ Paper Fury!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sad it's over too, but I LOVE Winter - it's my favourite season, so in many ways, it's worth it being over. The results came in and they were fantastic. THANK YOU CAIT! :)

      Delete
  4. Lovely photos Holly, I especially adore the beach photo [ the ocean as a special place in my heart] and I'm glad to hear Summer's been good to you! I can relate with the whole "changing" thing, it's odd really, that just a few months can change a person so much but I think the relief after GCSEs being over has that effect, I'm glad, A Levels are going to be hectic but I'm excited, I hope you have an amazing two years studying them ^.^

    Safah - OH, HOW I WANDER.

    [ http://ohowiwander.wordpess.com ]

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading this post! Your comments make my day and I try to respond to them as quickly as possible!